Thursday, January 11, 2007

A long time coming

Requested by some, feared by many, and properly ignored by most, it's true - i'm trying my luck with a blog. Yeah, it's sooo '06, and who knows if Guatemala will even have the internet (too soon for 3rd world country jokes?) but you never know if you don't try, right?

My last day in Buenos Aires. I'm sick and there's internet, so that's another reason why I'm embarking on this e-journey. Ew, am I going to have to use weblingo? Hmm, this is a questionable process. I clearly need a more refined narrative technique. Things to think about on 15 hour plane ride manana. Can I integrate Spanish words? Talk shit about people? Abbreviate? Ask rhetorical questions? Christ.

This first attempt is a mini disaster. Damn you Naomi for inspiring this.

Well, here's a picture or two that will hopefully make this whole process a little more worthwhile. (Sans funny captions. Sorry rez, there's nothing funny about the serene beauty of nature.)

Iguazu Falls


Lake in Bariloche, Patagonia

3 comments:

naomi said...

i've been inspired by many people. just pay it forward melissa!

Laila said...

Melissa.

s said...

they best be throwing you one hell of a good-bye party down there. let's go guate-sorority!